4 Ways to Protect Your Home from Common Pests
We all want our houses to be a clean, relaxing, and safe haven to call ‘home’. Keeping a house full of humans clean can be hard enough as it is…keeping unwanted pests from calling your house ‘home’ as well, can be even harder.
Here are four ways to help keep your home clean and pest-free.
- Thorough Cleaning
- Keep places like the sink clean and free of dirty dishes sitting for long periods of time.
- Regularly clean out the refrigerator and pantry.
- Clean up spilled food and drink immediately.
- Be sure to check less common parts of your home such as the roof and basement periodically. These overlooked areas can be a breeding ground for common household pests.
- Cluttered cupboards or storage spaces allow for crevices and corners where pests can hide. Be sure to keep enclosed areas like closets, cupboards, drawers free of clutter.
- Be sure to toss out any foods or perishables that are expired.
- Tight Seal
- Seal any cracks or holes that can allow for any outside entry. It may not seem like much but checking under the doors or in the corners of windows can be an often overlooked entryway for pests to enter.
- Be sure that your consumable items are sealed tight, this can prevent the attraction of pests looking for food or shelter.
- Minimize moisture
- Keep an eye out for any leaks, dripping faucets, pooling drains, or any area of your home that is allowing excessive moisture. Taking care of this can help stop pests from gathering and breeding.
No matter how hard it is to keep your home clean, there is always a chance that unwanted pests can still find a way to take residence in your home. If they do, however, be sure to act quickly. Don’t wait to get help!